Update your address in Aadhaar card using mAadhaar App, With the goal of reaching out to large numbers of smartphone users, the new mAadhaar is released by the Unique Identification Authority of India. The App features an array of Aadhaar services and a personalized section for the Aadhaar holder who can carry their Aadhaar information in form of a soft copy, instead of carrying a physical copy all the time.
The Top features of mAadhaar Official App
Multilingual : In order to ensure the Aadhaar Services are accessible to linguistically diverse residents of India, the menu, button labels and form fields are provided in English as well as in 12 Indian languages (Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu). After installation, the user will be prompted to select any of the preferred languages.
However, the input fields in the forms will accept data entered in the English language only. This is done to help the user avoid facing the challenges of typing in regional languages (due to limitations in the mobile keyboards).
Universality: Resident with or without Aadhaar can install this App in their smart phones. However to avail personalized Aadhaar services the resident will have to register their Aadhaar Profile in the App.
Aadhaar Online Services on Mobile: The mAadhaar user can avail the featured services for themselves as well as for any other resident seeking Aadhaar or related help.
The functionalities are broadly grouped as :
- Main Service Dashboard: Direct access to download Aadhaar, Order a Reprint, Address Update, Download offline eKYC, Show or Scan QR Code, Verify Aadhaar, Verify mail/email, retrieve UID/EID, Request for Address Validation Letter Request Status Services:
- To help resident check the status of various online requests My Aadhaar: This is a personalized section for Aadhaar holder where the resident will not have to enter their Aadhaar number to avail Aadhaar services.
- In addition, this section also provides facilities for the resident to lock/unlock their Aadhaar or Biometric Authentication.
Aadhaar Locking – Aadhaar holder can lock their UID/Aadhaar number anytime they wish.
Biometric locking/unlocking secures biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once the resident enables the Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password that can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
Update of profile – To updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder helps Aadhaar users share their password-protected eKYC or QR code for safe and paperless verification.
Multi-profile: Aadhaar holder can include multiple (up to 3) profiles (with the same registered mobile number) in their profile section.
Aadhaar Services on SMS ensures Aadhaar holder avail of Aadhaar services even when there is no network. This needs SMS permission.
Locate the Enrollment Center helps the user find the nearest Enrolment Center.
Follow below Procedure to Update Details in Aadhar.
- Download mAadhar official Application (For Android User )
- Download mAadhar Official Application (For iOS User )
- Official Link Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
- Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
What are the features/benefit of M-Aadhaar application?
- Get Aadhaar by Downloading or Ordering Reprint of Aadhaar or by retrieving lost or forgotten Aadhaar
- View/Show Aadhaar in offline mode, particularly when residents are required to show their ID proof
- Update Address in Aadhaar via document or without document proof
- Keep/Manage Aadhaar of family members(up to 5 members) in one mobile
- Share Paperless eKYC or QR code to service providing agencies
- Secure Aadhaar by Locking Aadhaar or Biometrics
- Generate or Retrieve VID which user can use in the place of Aadhaar to avail Aadhaar services (for those who have locked their Aadhaar or do not wish to share their Aadhaar).
- Use Aadhaar SMS services in offline mode
- Check Request Status Dashboard: After enrolling for Aadhaar, ordering reprint or updating Adhaar data, resident can check the status of the service request in the App.
- Help others who don’t own a smartphone in availing Aadhaar services with the help of common services.
- Get Update history and Authentication records
- Book Appointment to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra
- Aadhaar Sync feature allows resident to fetch the updated data in Aadhaar profile after successful completion of an update request.
- Time-based One-Time Password can be used instead of SMS based OTP to avail Aadhaar Online Services available on the UIDAI Website
- Locate Enrolment Centre (EC) helps user find nearest enrolment Centre
- The More section in the App includes information about the mAadhaar App, Contact, Usage guidelines, Terms & Conditions of using the app and other necessary information.
- Apart from helpful FAQs and link to Chatbot the More section also contains links to important documents from where resident can download the Aadhaar enrolment or Aadhaar update/correction forms.